This page covers:
This is a full search of the entire Private International Law (PRIL) site or Individual products within OLRL. It finds your term wherever it occurs in the database. Depending on which Law product you are using this could be in full text, ISBN, OUP reference, the author or contributor, Date, Book title, or Chapter or section heading.
Here's how to run the simplest search:
- Open the Advanced search page by clicking Advanced Search below the Search box at the top right of the page.
- Click the arrow and select a search area from the drop down menu. The default is Full text.
- Type the word or phrase you want to find into the top box.
- Press Enter or click Search.
- The results are displayed in the Results list.
To open any of the items in the list, click on it.
In an Advanced search you can search for more than one term at once. Two lines of search terms are provided by default. Click Add row to open a third search box for a third term. (You can continue to add search boxes to search for more than three terms. To remove a row, click Remove row.)
A search area is the specific kind of text (e.g. Date, Book title) you can choose to search in an Advanced search. You choose your search area from the list box on the left of the search box, which is set to Full Text as the default).
You can specify a specific date or date range for your search, by selecting Date in the search area typing the date or date range into the search boxes. For example, entering a date range of 2001 to 2012 returns documents from between 2001 and 2012. To enter a single date, enter (for example) 2001 in the date box:
To clear all your search terms, click Clear.