What is Private International Law?
Private International Law (PRIL) is a collection of key reference works within the Oxford Legal Research Library (OLRL). The service brings together some of the leading works in the field and provides an unrivalled resource for practitioners and scholars researching in the private international law fields.
Delivering valuable content in an interlinked, searchable and easy-to-access format, the service contains authoritative works including:
- Fawcett et al: Cheshire, North, and Fawcett on Private International Law, Fourteenth Edition
- Briggs: Agreements on Jurisdiction and Choice of Law
- Garnett: Substance and Procedure in Private International Law
- Hartley: Choice-of-court Agreements under the European and International Instruments
- Briggs: Private International Law in English Courts
Why Private International Law?
PRIL supports practitioners by providing:
- Integrated access to leading reference works from the prestigious Oxford University Press private international law list
- Full text and advanced searching across all available titles; narrow your results by title, author, or subject area
- A current service, with new works and editions added regularly
- Extensive linking through the Oxford Law Citator to information about cases and other primary materials, including integration with other key online services
What is the Oxford Legal Research Library?
Oxford Legal Research Library (OLRL) provides access to collections of key law titles in a variety of subject areas:
- International Commercial Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Financial and Banking Law
- Private International Law
Each collection can be browsed and searched separately, or users with access to more than one collection can choose to search them together via the OLRL interface. The OLRL collections aim to speed up research and provide easy access to authoritative content, and are essential resources for anyone currently performing research in these areas of law and practice. Read more about the Oxford Legal Research Library.
Obtaining access to Private International Law
Subscriptions and 30-day free-trials are available to institutions for all of our resources. If you are an academic, professional or a student, you can recommend PRIL to your Librarian.